Course page for CS202 - Design & Analysis of Algorithms
Back to my homepage
Divide & Conquer, sorting, order statistics, Fast Fourier Transform,
randomized sorting and selection.
Dynamic programming: edit distance and other examples. Greedy algorithms: Minimum change, Huffman codes, and other examples.
Graph algorithms: DFS, topological sorting, shortest path algorithms, maximum flow.
1. Introduction to Algorithms: Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest and Stein
2. Online lecture notes by Jeff Erickson
3. Algorithms by Dasgupta, Papadimitrou and Vazirani
4. Algorithm Design: Kleinberg and Tardos
5. The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven Skiena
Weekly Quizzes: 20%, Programming Assignments: 20%
Exam 1: 20%, Exam 2: 20%, Exam 3: 20%