I am an Associate Professor at the Computer Science and Engineering Department
at IIT Hyderabad
, India. Currently, I am also serving as the Head of the Department of the AI Department at IIT Hyderabad. My main research areas are Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and Machine Learning. I am a part of the Data and Informatics Group (DIg) at the Department of CSE, IIT Hyderabad. Prior to Joining IIT Hyderabad, I have worked for Samsung Research India Bangalore and Sybase Inc. (a SAP Company) in the past.
- "Time-to-Event Modeling with Hypernetwork based Hawkes Process" - work from Manisha's PhD work is accepted in ACM SIGKDD 2023.
- We have a publication in ACL 2023, on the interesting task of Diverse Headline Generation. Congratultions to all the contributors, from different batches and programs.
- Manisha Dubey defends her PhD thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Manisha.
- Samujjwal defends his PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Samujjwal!
- Appointed as the Head of the Department of AI department at IIT Hyderabad.
- Sharan has a publication in NAACL now. "Towards Robust and Semantically Organised Latent Representations for Unsupervised Text Transfer" by Sharan and Suvodip is accepted in NAACL main conference.
- "Hostility Detection in Online Hindi-English code-mixed Conversations" by Kamal, Aditi and Kaushal is accepted in WebSci 2022.
- "GNoM: Graph Neural Network Enhanced Language Models for Disaster Related Multilingual Text Classification" - Samujjwal's last piece of PhD work is accepted in WebSci 2022.
- Suvodip's paper is accepted in ACL 2022 main. Kaushal's work is accepted in Findings of ACL. Congratulations to both.